Gatherings of Highly Sensitive People:
For dates, locations and further information on HSP Gatherings, please visit Jacquelyn Strickland's website at http://www.lifeworkshelp.com/hspgathering.htm
Currently on the schedule:
- The 27th HSP Gathering Retreat, September 26-30, 2013
Loveland, Colorado (only 30 minutes from beautiful Estes Park) To be held at Sunrise Ranch, www.sunriseranch.org Registration Form coming soon.
Other Events Where I Will Be Speaking:
- June 21, Walnut Creek, CA: "Elaine Aron Talks about High Sensitivity." Unity of Walnut Creek, 1871 Geary Rd., 7-9 pm, $20. No need to RSVP--this time the room is large. More in May newsletter.
- San Francisco Bay Area, October 19: Save the date and join me when I give a continuing education course for psychotherapists, "Working with the Highly Sensitive--Twenty Percent of the Population and Probably Fifty Percent of Clients." This is sponsored by the Santa Clara and San Mateo County California Psychological Associations. The link for registering will appear in the August newsletter and the location will be announced later, but it will be somewhere on the Peninsula.
I will teach at a level appropriate for professionals, although nonprofessionals may attend. However, only Clinical Psychologists, MFTs, and LCSWs with licenses in California can obtain credits.
Links and Resources:
For professionals and researchers, see academic and scientific papers listed on Home Page.
ATTENTION: These links are provided as a general information source for the use of visitors to this web site. Neither Elaine Aron, her publisher or her associates have formally evaluated the information provided via these sites. Inclusion of these links DOES NOT constitute an endorsement of any organization. The links provided are maintained by their respective organizations or individuals wishing to be of help to HSPs in their country and they are solely responsible for their content.
- Alice Shannon is the one to turn to for help with HSCs. She's an expert on all facets of children's temperaments and will work by phone with parents from anywhere in the world. You can call her at 1-707-839-0444 or 1-707-822-1716, or email email@example.com
- Tribe is a beautiful publication dedicated to bringing together HSPs, displaying their creativity, and encouraging their collabortion and connection.
- Ted Zeff's web site based on his book The Highly Sensitive Person's Survival Guide with information for HSPs on coping strategies, a healing program for HSPs on CD and individual instruction. Also, help for sensitive boys and sensitive men.
- For complete information on upcoming HSP Gatherings, please visit Jacquelyn Strickland's website at http://www.lifeworkshelp.com/hspgathering.htm
- The American Psychological Association publishes many scientific journals/periodicals including the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology which has carried articles written by Elaine Aron. http://www.apa.org/
- Broadway Books published The Highly Sensitive Person's Workbook and reprinted The Highly Sensitive Person in paperback. They are a division of Random House.
- A free, independently-run email discussion list for HSPs can be found at Yahoo groups. The purpose of the email list is to explore who we are as HSPs and to support each other. To subscribe, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/hspbook/
- A free, independently-run email discussion group for parents of Highly Sensitive Children (HSC) can be found at Yahoo groups. The purpose of this group is to explore what it is to be a sensitive parent of an HSC and to support one another as parents. To subscribe, go to:
International and Foreign Language HSP Web Sites:
Finland: Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/448479631845055/
Germany, Holland and Switzerland: http://www.susanmarlettahart.com
New Zealand/Australia: http://www.hspnetwork.com.au
Israel: http://anashimregishim.com/ and http://www.sensitive-life.co.il/
Media or Researcher Contact Channels
Media contacts requesting interviews or arranging for possible speaking opportunities, and researchers seeking contact regarding the concept of high sensitivity may write to Elaine Aron at:
2439 28th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94116
or fill out the Media/Researcher Contact web form.